Handy Apple Valley Insurance Agency LLC worcester and mendon massachusetts Handy-Apple Valley Insurance Home Page Get a Life Insurance QuoteClaimsfrequently asked questionscontact handy apple insurance
Get a quote for auto insurance Get a quote for home owners insurance Get a quote for commercial insurance

Claims Services

Contact Information

What should I do immediately following a catastrophe?

We suggest that you do the following:
  1. Protect yourself and your family.
  2. Contact your independent agent or report your loss to your insurance provider by phone.
  3. Protect your property from additional damages. Be sure to save all receipts.
  4. Begin a room-by-room written inventory of the damages, including a detailed description of personal items that includes the manufacturers names, model numbers, purchase dates and purchase prices

What information do i need to report my claim?

Depending on the type of claim you are reporting different information will be needed. Typically, however, the kind of information we will ask for includes:
  1. Date of Loss
  2. Type of Loss or damage
  3. Location of the damage
  4. Any related injuries
  5. Others involved
  6. The condition of the home/auto
  7. Description of damaged contents
  8. If temporary repairs are necessary

Who will be adjusting my loss?

Your claim will either be assigned to an appraiser or an independent adjustment firm.

What happens after my loss is reported?

After you report the loss, an adjuster will be contacting you to either settle the loss over the phone, or to determine if a home inspection will be required.

How soon will that adjuster come out to my property?

An adjuster will contact you by telephone to arrange an inspection at your convenience. Typicaly the inspection will occur within 7 days of reporting the claim

What's the next step after the adjuster comes out and inspects the damage to my property?

The adjuster will write up a report with an estimate of damage. They will attempt to reach an agreed settlement figure for the damage with you and/or your contractor. Once they have reached an agreed settlement figure with you they will submit their final report and payment recommendation to the insurance company.

Should I arrange for emergency repairs?

Yes, you should make arrangements for all reasonable and necessary repairs to protect the property and prevent further damage. You should save copies of any bills from emergency work and give them to the adjuster assigned to your loss.

What if my home is uninhabitable?

Your policy may provide for Additional Living Expenses when your home is unlivable due to a covered loss. Ask your agent or adjuster if your policy has this provision.

Reporting a Claim

To report a claim, you can Contact Us or you can setup a claim yourself by contacting your provider.

Safety Insurance

Saftey Insurance
To report a claim, contact Saftey 24 hours a day toll free at

Narragansett Bay Insurance Company

Narragansett Bay Insurance Company
To report a claim, contact Narragansett toll free at
1.800.343.3375 (Option 2)

Encompass Insurance Company

Encompass Insurance Company
To report a claim, contact Encompass toll free 24 hours a day 7 days a week at

Travelers Insurance Company

Travelers Insurance Company
To report a claim, contact Travelers toll free 24 hours a day 7 days a week at
440 Park Avenue, Worcester, MA 01610 | 508 - 792 -3070
Handy-Apple Valley Insurance Agents LLC © 2012, 2013.